INSTITUTIONAL & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- Magna Carta
- Member-Consumers Privileges
- Member-Consumers Responsibilities
- Sitio Electrification
- Apply for Electric Services
- Apply for Special Lighting
- Apply for Reconnection
- Apply for Change Name
- Apply for Change Meter
(Sec. 41 of EPIRA LAW : Promotion of Consumer Interest)
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 41 of Republic Act No. 9136, otherwise known as the Electric Power Industry Reform Act, the Energy Regulatory Commission hereby promulgates the Magna Carta for Residential Consumers as adopted in a Resolution by the Commission on June 9, 2004.
Article 4 - The Basic Rights
All consumers shall be entitled to the following basic rights;
- To have quality, reliable, affordable, safe, and regular supply of electric power.
- To be accorded courteous, prompt, and non-discriminatory service by the electric service provider;
- To be given a transparent, non-discriminatory and reasonable price of electricity consistent with the provisions of RA 9136 also known as EPIRA LAW;
- Article 16 – Right to a Transparency Billing (Unbundling of Rates)
- To be an informed electric consumer and given adequate access to information on matters affecting the electric service of the consumer concerned.
- Article 15 – Right to Information; Scheduled Power Interruptions
- To be accorded prompt and speedy resolution of complaints by the both the distribution utility (SOLECO) and/or ERC;
- Article 13 – Right to Prompt Investigation of Complaints; Customer Dealings and;
- Article 27 – Right to File complaints before ERC.
- ERC Send to 2920 (for Globe & Smart)
- To know and choose the electric service retailer upon the implementation of Retail Competition; and
- To organize themselves as a consumer organization in the franchise area where they belong and where they are served by the distribution utility or as a network of organizations.
Article 5 - The Basic Obligations & Responsibilities
All consumers must comply with the following obligations and responsibilities;
- To observe the terms of his contract including, among other things, paying monthly electricity bills promptly and honestly;
- Article 32 - Obligation Pay Monthly Electricity Bills
- To allow the faithful and accurate recording of consumption to be reflected in the appropriate device;
- To take proper care of metering or other equipment that the electric utility has installed in his premises;
- To allow the utility's employees/representatives entry/access to his premises for the purposes provided for in the Article 29 hereof;
- Article 29 - Obligation to Allow Inspection, Installation & Removal of Electricity Apparatus
- To inform the distribution utility and/or proper authorities of any THEFT or PILFERAGE OF ELECTRICITY or any damage caused by any person to the electric meter and equipment appurtenant thereto; and
- Article 34 - Obligation not to Commit Illegal Use of Electricity
- To cooperate with and support programs on the wise and efficient use of electricity.